WORKS ON PAPER ART


I am a visual artist (Bachelor of Arts - Drawing) with a strong interest in botanical imagery and portraiture. 
I love drawing and am never happier than when working on paper with a pencil in hand. My practice is primarily concerned with close observation, fine detail, and the "transformation" which occurs during this often intense process. I find plants in their myriad forms, colours and textures - particularly fascinating.
In 2009 my "Phormium cookianum" - seed pod study - was juried into the prestigious Society of Botanical Artist's Annual Open Exhibition in London UK. I have also been a selected entrant at the Margaret Flockton International Award Exhibition for Scientific Botanical Illustration - Sydney, Australia on several occasions. In addition, I have been a regular (juried) exhibitor at the prestigious Canberra Botanical (AU) and the Australian Botanical Art Society's Annual Award Exhbition. 
Influential artists and artworks include Lucian Freud, Max Beckmann, Dega's monotypes - botanical artists Brigid Edwards, Peta Stockton and the photographs of Karl Blossfeldt and August Sander

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz