AKINO STUDIO

Life is full of stories and I want to tell some of them. What better way to do it than through prints and books. Much of my art is about issues that intrigue or concern me, and I hope that my work is appealing so that other people will take a look and think about these issues as well. Printmaking is full of surprises and possibilities. The process itself - carving, etching, or building the block, preparing the paper, applying ink, and then pressing the print - requires discipline but gives me many ways to express what I want to say. My design bindings are understated and luxurious. Holding a handmade book reminds us that tradition is important, knowledge is valuable, and good design is a worthwhile investment. I am based in Sydney, Australia. There's more of my work on the Akino Studio website.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz