DIANA JAHNS


I love making art. I've been drawing and painting since childhood; creating from a wide variety materials. I’ve also been fortunate that much of my work has found a place in personal collections around the USA. I’ve had the wonderful experience of participating in many gallery shows and even in a museum group show. You can read the details of my progress on my art website, www.dianajahns.com/info.html. I like to experiment in a variety of subject matter from still life to landscape to abstract; and in various mediums from drawing, pastels, acrylic paint and oil paint, photography and more.
I am a photographer of opportunity: wherever I am I find something to photograph and I like photographing a variety of subjects. The subjects of my photographs might seem mundane or ordinary. But once combined, with key visual elements juxtaposed or intertwined, they can evoke deep responses in the viewer. The relationships of elements within an image fascinate me.
Generally I review my photos many times. While reviewing, certain images will come forward as being more memorable. My next step is to experiment with selected images in Photoshop, layering, creating transparency and altering colors as I go. Any alterations that I apply happen so fluidly that I can “play” with an image and through play come to awareness about an image’s significance. While I am working the images this way I am discovering that some combinations seem more potent than others. They give hints of significance beyond the everyday.
As I work I apply my painter’s sensibilities to develop and enhance the image as it progresses. My intuition guides me as I draw connections and define relationships within images. The methodical and layered process of digital image editing has also moved me to examine my inner creative process more deeply. 
Marcel Proust : "The real voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new lands but in seeing with fresh eyes."

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz