BRANDI STRICKLAND

I'm Brandi Strickland, a 26 year-old collage and mixed-media artist based out of Floyd, VA. I grew up in North Carolina and graduated with a BA in Studio Art in 2007 from Queens University of Charlotte.
I create small-scale works of art using techniques of hand-cut collage, painting, and drawing. While using, manipulating, and elaborating on found images, I enjoy creating compositions that range from simple and impactful to sweepingly ambitious and hyper-detailed. 
Lately I've focused on making enveloping, otherworldly landscapes, with underlying narratives that explore the human condition. Assimilating myth and metaphor with the mundane and everyday to create images which depict incarnation, ascension, love, struggle, disasters, initiations, illuminations, transitions, celebrations, separations, epic journeys, and long-awaited arrivals.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz